This year’s conference welcomes all papers related to the broad conference theme of outward investment from emerging economies. In addition, the conference particularly invites papers related to home country effects but not exclusively.
• How do the institutional framework and the resource endowment of the home country influence the patterns and processes of organizational learning and capability building that enable investments abroad?
• What are the dynamics of motives with which EMNCs invest abroad, which strategies do they pursue and which challenges do they face?
• From a co-evolutionary perspective, what are the dynamics of the interrelationship between institutional change and corporate strategy? How do EMNCs leverage their experience abroad to impact institutional development at home?
• Are internationalization patterns and strategies of EMNCs qualitatively different from what we know from extant theories?
• How do EMNCs leverage political and social ties at home to access and compete in foreign markets, especially developed country markets?
• How are home economies affected by the internationalization of domestic firms? Should home countries pursue particular policies to accelerate or otherwise influence their OFDI?
• How do EMNCs impact on different types of host economies? How are costs and benefits distributed? How are benefits captured? Which new policy challenges do they introduce?
• How are EMNCs and OFDI affected by the lingering global stagnation – globally and regionally and at the level of countries, sectors and firms?
• Do EMNCs differ from developed-country MNCs in terms of corporate governance and corporate social responsibility?
• How are companies from China and India in particular coming to internationalize their operations?
• What distinguishes international investment strategies by state-owned and privately owned EMNCs? Is government ownership enabler or liability in internationalization?
• Which are the roles of sovereign wealth funds?
• How does EMNC behavior vary between different industries and why?
• How does the rise of EMNCs influence global competition in different industries?
Submission of paper deadline: 13 June
Paper acceptance/rejection: 27 June
Registration & submission of final paper: 1 September
Conference: 9-10 October
For further information please see http://sf.cbs.dk/ofdi/conferences